Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Quote #155, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #155....

"Someone has tabulated that we have 35 million laws on the books to enforce the Ten Commandments."
- Bert Masterson-

Remember what Mom said.. KISS. Keep It Simple Silly. Brief, to the point.

Why do we make things over complicated? We should be able to explain things to others with brievity, conciseness, and with clarity.

There is a story of an old track coach who gave very clear, pithy advice to his runners. Just before the race began, he'd tell his runner "Stay to the left and get back here as quick as you can".

It's the job of a good communicator to make things understandable. The simpler the better.

That's my view...... What Say You?

No comments: