Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Quote #139, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #139....

"Life affords no greater responsibility, no greater privilege than the raising of the next generation."
-Anonymous-

This is powerfully heavy.What a huge, huge responsibility it is to raise a child into the world today.

But is there a higher privilege than leaving your mark, and hopefully in the form of a a better, more improved, more educated being than yourself? You have about 18 years, give or take a few, to do the absolute best you can. Your task.... to pass on the proper lessons and messages in order for your offspring to make life and it's surroundings even better than you did.

It reminds me of a Fathers day ad I once saw..... Anyone can be a father, but it takes a real man to be a DAD.
Being a parent. Massive responsibility, but what a REWARDING privilege. Anyone agree?

That's my view...... What Say You?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tim,
This is such an incredibly importatnt topic that more people should really think about and more importantly ACT upon! I think about this topic constantly since I am aware that it is my responsibility to try & raise my 2 boys properly as they will be the next generation of men in our world. I know that I am trying to install All the important morals & values that we were taught as children, into my boys, and hopefully they will consciously & subconsciously absorb most of information .... And as they grow & mature, I can only pray that their choices and decisions in life will reflect the great morals & values they learned early on.

T.A. Smith said...

Here Here

Now that is a parent who is responsible and taking their "job" seriously.

Not as serious but on similar lines, many people have animals( dogs) and arent really prepared to be 'serious and proper' dog owners.
Meaning: willing to put in the time and effort to do as good a job as you can as an owner. Never is this more important than the raising of a child, in my opinion

Excellent post, and thank you.