Saturday, May 16, 2009

Quote #149, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #149....

"When tillage begins, other arts follow. The farmers, therefore, are the founders of human civilization."
- Daniel Webster-

Hats off to Mr Webster for even thinking up this quote. It's dead on the money, yet it is something that I personally, would never have thought of.

I have always been a big fan of the farmer.
Hard working people.
Down to earth people (literally and figuratively).
Extremely HUMBLE folk.
Doing an extremely important job, that without, our civilization would cease to exist.

My cap is tipped and my appreciation is hereby given to all farmers. Thank you for the fantastic job you all do!

That's my view...... What Say You?

No comments: