Friday, May 15, 2009

Quote #148, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #148....

"Fish come and go, but it's the MEMORY of afternoons on the stream that endure."
- E. Donnall Thomas-

A friend of mine named Gerry once taught me one of the best lessons ever. He said, " Tim, no matter what you do, when doing something, always try to create a memory". I thought, WOW.. no one else ever told me that. The more I thought about it, it really made sense.

Throwing a party?.. do something different so people will remember it. Trying to meet a new business client? Follow up in a unique way so you stand out like you had orange hair. Giving a speech?.. do something so that people will tell others.. 'you'll never guess what this speaker said today'. Create a MEMORY.

I think Thomas is saying similar stuff in his quote. You may or may not catch a fish or two, but you'll remember the good times had fishing with friends or family, out on the stream. For me, as an avid golfer, as I age, I'm appreciating the memories of each and every round I get to cherish with friends and family. Especially the ones with my DAD.

Good times come and go as the days move on, but the MEMORIES are ours forever, to share and pass on.

That's my view...... What Say You?

No comments: