Friday, June 26, 2009

Quote #193, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #193...

"Don't be distracted by criticism. Remember- the only taste of success some people have, is when they take a bite out of you."
-Zig Ziglar-

My regular readers will know I get a tremendous kick out of Zig. He is so common sensical, yet knows how to drive a point home well.Occasionally, his style will draw a giggle or two as well. If you've never checked his work out, do yourself a favor. Zig is GOOD STUFF.

I have found the critics of the world are usually the people not doing much themselves. So be careful who you listen to. Also consider the source when someone is critiquing you. How much do they really know on the subject? As a quick example, anyone that tells me I'm nuts with Smile-Therapy, I ask... 'on what basis do you say that?' The room goes quiet. Sadly, I feel some are just jealous of others getting ahead/doing something different. Perhaps they are angry at themselves for not changing their own suituation or for not taking more chances? Thus, the easiest thing to do, is find fault in others.

Don't be afraid to listen to the critic, as occasionally there may be something to learn. With that stated, don't be afraid to say "thanks for the input, but no thanks" and discard it.

That's my view....... What Say You?

1 comment:

Rena Reese said...

Yes, yes yes!
No shortage of critics, but a shortage of people who can breathe hope and optimism into others. Love the suggested reply to these folks here Tim... My daughter knew a girl who would say things like, "You wore that shirt last Tuesday..." My daughter started replying with, "Thanks for noticing..." Oh how I loved that one!


Thanks for a classic Zig quote too!