Thursday, June 4, 2009

Quote #169, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #169....

"Expect people to be better than they are; it helps them to become better. But don't be disappointed when they are not; it helps them to keep trying."
-Merry Browne-

Very sound advice Merry, who sounds like a merry ol' chap doesn't he? Ever hear the line... Praise in public, criticize in private? Similar thoughts here.

I believe this advice is extremely relevant with kids. If you give them high expectations.. they'll live up to them many more times than not. High. Not rediculously unrealistic. On the other side, when people are underachieving, a pat on the back and a whisper of encouragement go 15 times further than a negative response.

Ask any racehorse. Carrots and pettings any day over kicks and whipping!

That's my view...... What Say You?

No comments: