Friday, June 5, 2009

Quote #170, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #170....

"First you forget names, then you forget faces. Next you forget to pull your zipper up, and finally, you forget to pull it down."
-George Burns, comedian who lived to be 100-

Mr Burns was a funny, funny man. A few other zingers he had.."At my age, flowers scare me." Also.."Everything that goes up must come down. But there comes a time when not everything that's down can come up." He also shares this "I smoke cigars because at my age if I don't have something to hang onto, I might fall down."

George shows us a few things here. First, growing old can be enjoyable. Second, you have to have a sense of humor up to the day you die. Finally, you can never be too old to smoke a good cigar.

Actually he subliminally shares a tip with us as well. Don't forget to properly zip up(or down).

That's my view...... What Say You?

No comments: