Thursday, June 25, 2009

Quote #192, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #192...

"There is a wise man in the East whose constant prayer was that he might see today with tomorrows eyes."
-Alfred Mercier-

I would wholeheartedly agree, this WAS a wise man. Talk about having the best of both worlds? Getting your cake and eating it too? Killing two birds with one stone? Ok.. I'm out of cliche's for the moment.

Nonetheless, many of us are prudently told, to stay in the present and not to get too caught up in worrying about the future. For it soon shall come. This wise man is trying to stay 'present' while having advanced eyes of the future to know what's going to be happening. Sounds like an interesting plot for a Hollywood movie. I'm certain there are both plusses and pitfalls of having advanced knowledge of the future. HMMMM.

That's my view....... What Say You?

No comments: