Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Quote #175, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #175....

"Decide what your priorities are and how much time you'll spend on them. If you don't someone else will."
-Harvey Mackay-

The Shark himself has spoken. The envelope king has a great point. Mackay is most famously known for his book, Swim With The Sharks, Without Being Eaten Alive. He is also head of Mackay Envelopes, one of Americas largest producers of envelopes. He knows a thing or two about time and priorities.

Someone once explained life to me in this fashion. The world is a big bunch of movies being produced. You either play part in directing, or you are part of the directors wishes, plans, and ideas.Ultimately, you are an actor in that directors movie! Sadly,the role you play( and how big or small a part) is chosen by the director, and not you.

I believe what Mackay is saying, is to produce your own movie. Make up your priorities and what time you want to commit to it. Control your own destiny, rather than being a chess piece of another's dreams and goals.

That's my view...... What Say You?

1 comment:

Ricky said...

Hi Tim,
I think you are spot on with your movie analogy. We all need to be the directors of our own movies. Otherwise, we depend on others for how they turn out.