Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Quote #190, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #190...

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesnt work hard."
-Anonymous-

After reading this quote, I immediately thought of Legendary UMASS lacrosse coach, Dick Garber. When he heard the saying 'this guy's got alot of potential'.. Garber would respond.. " You know what it means when some one tells me a guy has "potential"; it means he hasn't done a damn thing yet."

Now that's not to say the potential won't go on to do great things, but more often than not the potential talents are wasted. Many times its largely do to a lack of work ethic.

John Wooden says that hustle, hard work, and perseverence beats talent all day long. I agree. Talent is like icing on the cake. Give me a person that busts their hump, gives it their all, day in and day out, and is willing to constantly learn and improve. If they have a little talent on top of that, its like hitting the lottery. Can you say BONUS?

That's my view....... What Say You?

No comments: