Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Quote #191, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #191...

"Do you wish men to speak well of you? Then never speak well of yourself."
-Pascal-

Do you like the guy who is tooting his own horn?
What do you think of people who are outlandishly cocky?
How about the people on the I, me, my team, always sharing how well they did something?

I've always thought that if you do a good enough job, others will talk about you. If you perform well, the rest will take care of itself. You won't NEED to blah, blah, blah about yourself.

There is an old saying , 'less talk, more action'. Let the deeds, rather than the tongues, do the talking. Give me a humble person over a loud boisterous bragger, any day. Every day.

That's my view....... What Say You?

2 comments:

Rena Reese said...

Ahhh Grasshopper..... Very good question.... I must say following thousands on twitter, many speak of themselves, but few are saying anything. I am looking for less of "I am eating a tuna sandwich" and more which teaches or makes me think, like your blog does TAS!

:+)Double RR

T.A. Smith said...

Thank you for the Wonderful Commenrt Rena.I do believe you've got it!! You GET IT!

TAS