Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Quote #168, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #168....

"The reward for work well done is the opportunity to do more."
-Jonas Salk, MD-

Sound familiar? Can anyone relate?

I have to laugh at this as a friend of mine was asked to be on the committee of 10 for a high school class reunion. Every day she sees herself getting more and more assignments. Why? She attends all the meetings(many have stiffed), she has come up with several ideas( most are silent), and most recently, people are mailing her their admission checks. Apparently, she has unofficially become the treasurer. Sad, but nontheless comical at the same time.

Certainly you've seen this at work as well. I guess it makes sense that people will go back to and gravitate towards the people who do a good job and do it quick and efficiently. Salk's quote is humorous, yet truer than we'd like to admit. Hey.. we're only human. Get the ball to the guy/gal who will get er dun!

That's my view...... What Say You?

No comments: