Sunday, June 21, 2009

Quote #184, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #184...

"My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and tell us we were 'tearing up the grass'. To that, dad would tell her that.. we are not raising grass, we are raising BOYS."
-Harmon Killebrew, famous pro baseball player-

Hats off to Mr Killebrew, and hats off to all DAD's on this father's day. I just wish there were more 'playing with dads'; like on the grass, outside, on a court, on a playground, in a gym. Anywhere.

The times with DAD are priceless. The memories are even worth more because that is something that cannot be taken away from us. Any 'boys ' out there reading this would certainly agree.There will always be time for work. Time with your kids is limited. Get it in while you can.

That's my view....... What Say You?

No comments: