Sunday, June 7, 2009

Quote #171, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #171....

"Speak when you are angry, and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-Ambrose Bierce-

Ever say something you wish you could take back? Ever wish you chomped on your cheek, rather than giving someone a biting tonguelashing ?

If your human, most likely you have. It happens. The key is to learn and let it happen less and less as we grow older, and wiser.

Perhaps some of the best advice you'll ever get comes from the great Roman philosopher Seneca( 65 A.D). Its simply this.. "The greatest remedy for anger is delay." Such simple, yet sound wisdom from 2000 years ago.

That's my view...... What Say You?

No comments: