Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Quote #81, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quotes #81....

"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."

-Seneca-

I believe what Seneca is getting at has to do with being content with what one has. Ever meet someone who is never satisfied no matter what they have or how much they have? It's never 'good' enough. It's never just plain 'enough'. They enjoy it for about 24 hours, and then they grow bored.

I once heard a statement: show me someone who is bored and I'll show you a boring person. We make our own fun. We create our own contentment and satisfaction.

If we focus on the abundance of things that we DO possess, we won't be so desireous of the things we don t have. Its quite surprising just how much we all have , if we care to add it all up.

That's my view....... What say YOU?

No comments: