Saturday, February 21, 2009

Quote #74, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #74....

"I desire to so conduct my affairs of this administration that if, in the end,when I come to lay down the reins of power, I have lost every other friend on earth, I shall have at least one friend left--and that friend shall be down inside me."

-Abraham Lincoln-

Oh how I long for anyone in politics that could follow the words of honest Abe. Boy, do we need some people in government with some morals and character.

The bottom line of Lincoln's quote is..... in the end, you don't have to answer to your mom or dad or best friend or coach or anyone else for that matter. However, there's one person who you cannot elude, and that is.... yourself.

There is a truly superb poem called 'The Man in the Glass' which is worth your time to read. I will post on Smile-Therapy.com within the week.

How did you take Lincoln's message?



That's my view....... What say YOU?

No comments: