Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Quote #57, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #57....

"In prosperity, you may count on many friends. If the sky becomes overcast, you will be alone."
-Latin Proverb-

My father once told me, if I have 3 really good friends in life, I will be extremely lucky. Acquaintences are a dime a dozen. Good friends are as rare as a 30 second cooked steak.

Tracy Lawrence of the country world has a song called 'Find Out Who Your Friends Are'. The lyrics say it all... Everybody wants to slap your back , wants to shake your hand, when your up on top of that mountain. But let one of those rocks give way, then you slide back down, look up and see who's around then.
You find out who your friends are. Somebody's gonna drop everything. Run out and crank up their car, hit the gas, get there fast. Never stop to think 'whats in it for me?', or 'its way too far'. They just show up with their big ol' heart. You find out who your friends are.

I guess its a bit sad that good friends are so hard to find, but on the other hand, perhaps thats what makes 'em so special. Whats your take on good Friends?

That's my view.....WHAT SAY YOU?

No comments: