Sunday, February 15, 2009

Quote #68, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #68....

"Nothing in fine print is ever good news."

-Andy Rooney-

Did you ever wonder why its called fine print? I have. And, did you ever wonder why is it so small? Shouldn't they have a warning for us? Small print included; be sure to have a magnifying glass handy.

If the print WAS SO FINE to read, as in, well, great, excellent, wouldn't they make it L A R G E R ? Why don't they just call it 'crappy' print? Ok, enough of the poor imitation of Andy Rooney.

Got to thinking though , is there any fine print that is good news out there? Perhaps there is some literature that the author is trying to keep at a one or two page max, and had to go to smaller lettters to make it fit. I'm not sure. Maybe Mr Rooney has a point here and all fine print IS bad news? Do you know any different?

That's my view.....WHAT SAY YOU?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fine print is only good news for the entity or person behind the writing, that is, all the exclusions, provisions, etc. that protect the writer.