Monday, February 9, 2009

Quote #63, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #63....

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."

-Ernest Hemmingway-

I saw this on a cool little T-shirt website called AddedInk.com. What a great saying!

I enjoyed it for a couple of reasons. First, it's a good, solid, make-sense statement to say. Second, I've found that
you learn much about the character of a person that DOES keep his/her word when he/she has had a few.

In life, I always try to keep my word no matter what. Two reasons: First, Why say something you don t mean? Peer pressure? Easier to 'BS' someone that to tell them what you really feel? You don't want to hurt their feelings, or be negative? To me, none of those hold any water. Mom always used to say.. "You can say anything you want to someone, as long as you say it in a polite manner."

Second and of EXTREME IMPORTANCE, to me; your word is all you have. If your word, your handshake, means NOTHING.... does anything else really matter?
So....next time you are cocktailing it up.. remember Hemmingway's quote.

A final comment to keep in mind "Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if it kept its mouth shut".

That's my view.....WHAT SAY YOU?

No comments: