Thursday, February 19, 2009

Quote #72, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #72....

"The difficult we do immediately. The impossible takes a little longer."

-U.S Army Corps of Engineers-

Wait a minute.. this doesn't make sense does it? I thought if it was impossible, it couldn't be done?

Ooh perhaps the Army is using a sense of humor here and sending a message here that MOST things are NOT impossible. They just might seem it at first. I believe there was another quote(perhaps I used it at the Think Tank) that "things are only impossible until they are not".

Great message here from the Army. Yes, there truly are a few things that are impossible. You cannot jump off a 200 story building and survive. However, you can climb Mount Everest, you can fly to the moon, and you can eat 49 Fluffernutters, all in one sitting. Once thought impossible.... those have already been done.

Anything you thought once impossible, that has since been done?

That's my view....... What say YOU?

No comments: