Friday, February 20, 2009

Quote #73, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #73....

"Never give a party if you will be the most interesting person there."

-Mickey Friedman-

Ok....... Here's one I need your interpretation of. I took it as a parallel to the wisdom of "don't be afraid to hire people that are better and smarter than you". In this case of throwing a bash, be sure to invite people that are more interesting, more fun, more exciting than you. Otherwise, it won't be much of a party.

Perhaps Friedman meant that you have no business giving a party if you think YOU are so interesting and there aren't others you find as fascinating as you? Personally when I throw a party, I invite the funnest, craziest, people that I know. ? Why not? Liven things up a bit..

Of course there is always the comment...never go to a party without "bringing a mini party with yourself". OK, my comments are scattered all over the place. Your turn.

That's my view....... What say YOU?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So- if you invite funny and crazy people to your parties, how come I haven't received an invite......

T.A. Smith said...

Open invite to you, my friend, JSS.

You know that!