Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Quote #71, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #71....

"Nothing is impossible for the man who doesn't have to do it himself."

-A. H. Weiler-

Can you say armchair quarterback? Isn't it easy to tell others what to do, how to do it, what they should have done, blah blah blah. Especially when you have already seen the outcome.

How about when others tell you... "Go ahead. Its easy. You can do it." Thinking of it reminds me of my youth when my buddies wanted me to jump off the cliff into the water... first of course.

One of the many life lessons I've learned is EVERYTHING has more to it than meets the eye. As an example, I used to be in the race horse business. The casual bettor at the local racetrack may think the horses just eat, workout and get put in the box to race every week. They'd be amazed all that goes into this equine sport, from how to buy and sell, to equipment, to classifying the horse, to dealing with sickness, and on and on. Again, no matter how simplified something looks on the outside surface, be certain its much more complex 'under the hood'.

If things WERE so easy, perhaps the advice that others were so freely and confidently giving wouldn't be needed?

That's my view....... What say YOU?

No comments: