Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Quote #213, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #213...

"Entertain great hopes."
-Robert Frost-

Leave it to a famous poet to have a 3 word quote that packs so much punch. Go ahead and try to come up with your own 3 word-er that has such meaning.

I took this to mean when anyone comes to you with hope or excitement about an idea or 'whatever'.. welcome them with open arms. Don't shoot them down. Do 4 things::

Listen.
Smile.
Encourage.
Help if you can. (this may be in the form of sharing what info you know of the subject, where to go to find out more, a person to see, who may have experience in the subject, or countless other ways to help.)

Thats all. Embrace the excitement, the hope.

That's my view....... What Say You?

3 comments:

Rena Reese said...

Three Word Poet... I can SO do that...

"Eat More Fiber."

Ummm, ok, how about...
"lather, rinse, repeat."

I think someone already write that one.

Ok.... um...

"Smile therapy works."

THAT'S a keeper!

T.A. Smith said...

Rena

I believe you gave us a 2 for 1.

Very good. Thank you :)

Anyone else have a 3 word-er to share?

T.A. Smith said...

Geez, Louise

I even missed the bottom one(in reality, you gave us 3, 3 word poems).

Thank you for the "Smile-Therapy Works" Comment!

I appreciate that.