Thursday, July 16, 2009

Quote #209, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #209...

"The past should be a springboard, not a hammock."
-Ivern Ball-

This one's up for interpretation. I think what Mr Ball is saying is to not rest on your laurels. Some people seem to live in the past. They accomplished some great things but seemed to have pulled up a chair, in the form of a hammock. In other words, they are living in the past and, not getting much done currently. Live it, and learn from it.

I once heard a line.. Here is a test to see if your work is done here on earth; if your still breathing , it's not. There's plenty to do, much to accomplish. Get to it.

This doesn't by any means suggest we shouldn't stop to enjoy our triumphs. Certainly, take them in, enjoy them, and pat yourself on the back for a job well done. Eventualy, its time to get back on the horse and get going again for the next accomplishment. GIDDY UP!

That's my view....... What Say You?

No comments: