Monday, July 20, 2009

Quote #211, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #211...

"If it was necessary to tolerate in other people everything one permits in oneself, life would be unbearable."
-George Courteline-

Read that one twice. Boy is Mr Courteline 103% on point, with this one.

Imagine if we were as tough on ourselves as we are on others. Sometimes we can be so judgemental, so critical of our comrades, yet we often are doing the same type of stuff that we are speaking ill of others.

It reminds me of a couple of popular sayings you may have heard. Be careful of when you point at others; there are 3 fingers pointing back at you. Also, people who live in glass houses shall not throw stones.

Finally, I remember some great advice passed on by someone. If you want to improve the world.. start with yourself. If everyone tried to work on themselves rather than telling others what and how they should be doing things.. we'd see a great improvement in society. Let's all be more tolerable on others and hold ourselves more accountable.

That's my view....... What Say You?

No comments: