Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Quote #208, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #208...

"Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can."
-Elsa Maxwell-

I have always had the ability to laugh at myself. It baffles me why some others can't do this. Is it ego? Are we that full of ourselves that we can't poke fun at #1 ? Yet it's funny how it's no problem for some to poke fun at others.

Is it because we are so serious that there's nothing "funny" about a silly screw-up? I'm sorry but most things in life really aren't as serious as we all make them up to be.

Is it because we think we are better then we really are? Don't know about you, but I've found life pretty humbling. Whenever you think you got something down pat.....WHAMMO..smacked in the face with something to cause some re-thinking.

Finally I've always found there is always someone better and always someone worse.That also helps from getting too 'full of self'.

How about you.. do you crack up and your silly blunders, screwups and mistakes?

That's my view....... What Say You?

No comments: