Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Quote #128, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #128....

"The better I get, the more I realize how much better I can get."
- Martina Navratilova, former #1 tennis player-

Isn't it incredible that the number ONE tennis player in the world.. is constantly trying to get better? Maybe that's why she is the best on the planet at what she does. It's the old.. what comes first, the chicken or the egg?

Do you think Wayne Gretzky still practices hard? Is Jeff Gordon constantly trying new things to improve his skills? How about football great Peyton Manning? Think anyone outworks him?

There is an old saying that we use about 5% of our brains and about 7% of our potential. Imagine... if we are only using 7% out of 100% then 93 % is going UNTAPPED !

The point is, no matter who you are, or what you are doing, there is plenty of room for improvement for all of us. The human brain and body are capable of so much more that most of us will ever push to find out. If all these world class athletes can strive to get better.. what about us?

That's my view...... What Say You?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The better I get, the more I realize how much better I can get."

Hard work pays off. You are only as good as you want to be.
Hard work, intelligence & determination will get you some where!

Linda