Sunday, April 5, 2009

Quote #113, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #113....

"Give up premature judgement of messages, before they are fully stated. Withhold your judgement until your comprehension is complete."

-Hart Davidow-

Anyone ever think they know what someone is trying to say before they complete their sentence or thought? I have. Bad boy, Timmy!

Anyone ever actually finish someone's sentence for them? Yup. Done this too. Naughty, Mr Smith!

It's actually a rude thing to do and it shows poor listening skills. Well, at least I'm cognizant that I do this poor habit occasionally and I'm working on stopping it.

I love Mr Davidow's second sentence as well. Not only listen and let the person finish their statement but also COMPREHEND what was communicated to you, before responding. What a novel thought. Thanks for the reminder, Hart!

That's my view....... What say YOU?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Tim for the posting, it was great to see my name on the World Wide Web. I am now, 'infamous', or at least until the great WWW is replaced with something more.

I agree with you,whole heartedly no duh!, that's my $5.00 for the month.

Hart

Leann said...

If one is making premature judgement of a message....it means that they are not fully present to the speaker. People are so busy thinking of what THEY will say next, that they are often not fully listening. That is sad. And it's disrespectful. Being fully present to someone is an art. We should all practice it more!

T.A. Smith said...

Leann what you say is 1000% true. I know that Im working on LISTENING Better. I think its rude when others cut me off, and
I m sure when I do it, it irritates others. First step is RECOGNIZING the fault..

I WILL be come a better listener :)

TAS