Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Quote #127, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #127....

"Ninety-nine percent of the failures, come from people who have the habit of making excuses."
-George Washington Carver-

99%.. wow, that's a pretty high percentage. Who knows if Carver was right, but it sounds like it makes sense.

What is failure? Usually its pinned to giving up. And what's the first thing people do when they give up? Look for justification of not getting it done. Look to blame someone or something why it didn't happen. Look for reasons (i.e excuses) for not getting the task completed.

Excuses, in my opinion, 99% of the time are copouts. As my dad taught me as a kid.. Finish What You Start. It's pretty solid advice to use all through life.

That's my view...... What Say You?

No comments: