Monday, March 16, 2009

Quote #97, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quotes #97....

"Almost all unhappiness in life comes from the tendency to blame someone else."

-Brian Tracy-

Blame. What a terrible word in the English language. Here are 7 reasons why:

It's a useless word.
It's silly.
It's wasteful.
It's unproductive.
It's spiteful.
It's weak.
It deals with the past. You can't change the past. It's in the books. So what good does it do to point and find blame?

Anyone know anything GOOD that comes from Blaming? I'm sure I missed another 10-20 things BAD about Blaming.

That's my view....... What say YOU?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well - I would say that there are circumstances where blame needs to be assigned.

But - blaming someone else for your own mistakes/failures/inadequacies etc...really is counterproductive.

ALICE said...

I AGREE WITH YOUR 7 REASONS BUT I WOULD ADD 2 MORE IRRESPONSIBLE AND NEGATIVE.

Anonymous said...

There are instances where blame can be applied. But when you focus on something that is out of your control, you are only hurting yourself. Once you assign blame, you have to move forward. Even if you blame yourself.....

Anonymous said...

Blaming others is another way to make "you" the victim. Perhaps "they" are the victims of your expectations? How are they to fill them? Do they know what you want? Is it fair to expect others to fill them? Free yourself - live and let live!
Beliefs
Lessening
All
My
Energy
:o)