Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Quote #102, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quotes #102....

"Promises should not be given lightly unless you want them received lightly."

-Denis Waitley-

If someone tells you they will meet you out tonight and don't show, or if they tell you they'll call you tonight, and don't call, how do you feel? When people tell you they will do something and do not follow up on it, what do you think? Does it bother you, or, are you indifferent?

Personally, it is one of my pet peeves. If you say you'll do something.. then I expect you to be true to your word. Not an excuse, not a reason why not, not something came up. Yada,yada,yada. Just do as you say you would do. Simple. Or... next time, just say no, I can't, or, sorry, its not for me.

Funny how many paths lead back to the old famous GOLDEN RULE...... Do unto others. When you promise something, do you deliver none, some, most or all the time?

That's my view....... What say YOU?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is one of my pet peeves also. Some people don't realize that you make your plans around what they commit themselves to. A little consideration goes a long way.

Anonymous said...

Broken promises are one of my biggest peeves. I never make a promise I can't keep. I hate letting people down, and I don't like being let down myself.

.....Margie

Anonymous said...

Hi Smilers!

What say I about #102? Well, I believe that is comes down to standing solid in ones self. Or having the solidness of self to be able to say NO when we mean no, instead of saying yes, so as not to "hurt someones feelings". A "no" is a solid boundary, that's all. It's NOT a rejection of the person you say it to. I think too many folks make commitments and end up not keeping them, because they say yes, when perhaps they really should just say....no, thanks. There are LOTS of loving compassionate ways to say no by the way! And it's actually more respectful then saying yes...when we really dont mean it.

Love & Laughter to all who play here!

Leann

T.A. Smith said...

Well stated by all 3 commenters!
Thanks for sharing, so we all can learn. :)