Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Quote #87, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quotes #87....

"A man's reading program should be as carefully planned as his daily diet, for that too is food,without which he cannot grow mentally."

-Andrew Carnegie-

Reading. Is there anything more important for the mind? Great for babies, great for kids, great for the elderly to keep their mind sharp. Great for all the ages.

Our frequently quoted friend, Jim Rohn once said that "you'll be the same person in 5 years from now as you are today, except for two things.. the people you meet and the books you read".

I'm so passionate about reading that I wrote an article about it on Self Growth .com( 7 great Benefits of Reading).
http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/SEVEN_Great_Benefits_of_READING.html

Anyone else out there think reading is important?

That's my view....... What say YOU?

2 comments:

Barbara J Faison said...

Reading (and listening to audio programs) are crucial for any type of personal development or growth. I listen to audio programs regularly on my daily commute to work. I call it LWD- learning while driving. I can listen to many more books than I physically can sit down to read.

Keep sharing great info.

T.A. Smith said...

Barb great comment that you can listen to more than you can read.Way to make good use of your time!