Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Quote #9, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes.I love them because they make me think.What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #9....

"I believe in my heart that most young boys would rather steal second base than steal a car."
-Oliver Wendell Holmes-

This morning at Smile-Therapy, I did an article on scams on the internet. Sometimes we wonder about all the crap out there and if we can really trust anyone. In the article I mention that the majority of people are hard working and trying to make an honest buck. With that stated, there are always a few of the proverbial "rotten apples" that end up making us all skeptical of the entire bunch. Sad, but reality.

I believe Holmes is saying that kids are born clean and honest.Playful and innocent. They come out of the womb smiling and trusting and totally reliant on their caretaker.What society does to them as they "age" remains to be seen. Based on his quote, I must assume Holmes, like myself, believes that most of us are good hearted and well intended.

Thats my view..... WHAT SAY YOU?

No comments: