Saturday, December 27, 2008

Quote #30, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #30....

"If you want creative workers, give them enough time to play."

-John Cleese-

What is this? Is Cleese for real here. Work is supposed to be S-E-R-I-O-U-S.

Says who? I think people take work too darn serious. In fact, they take life too darn serious. His quote, in my opinion, is 100% on the mark.

People do their best in a comfortable relaxed atmosphere. I remember at my old job I loved working on a Saturday, in my jeans. I also enjoyed the after 5 o'clock mental psyche. The phones slow down, and I was just more comfortable. Less stress. That usually meant more production.

So..lighten up at work. Let the workers have some fun. A little stress relief. As long as work gets done and done productively, whats wrong with a bit of fun sprinkled in? You may even find the workers will WANT to stay working with you and your company?

Thats my view.....WHAT SAY YOU?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

As an Accountant (perhaps one the most serious of occupations), laughing and smiling are a HUGE part of my day. Being creative, living a fun and happy life cross-over to my profession, making me more at ease with my clients (which makes them more comfortable with me), makes the day go faster and more enjoyable!

T.A. Smith said...

Janice

How true that is. The more of us that can lighten up a bit, the better off this world will be(in my opinion)