Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Quote #15, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think.What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #15....

"Nothing happens 'til something happens"

-E.C. Smith-

At first blush,this quote may seem to come from the famous Yogi Berra, yet it proudly comes from my witty father. When he used to say it, the first thing to go across my mind is DUHH, no Kidding. Of course nothing happens until something happens. Yet, the more I heard it the more it toyed with my mind.

This is a quote that can definitely be taken many ways. I now think that what my dad meant was that nothing happens until something happens, then something else will soon happen.

Did he imply we should be preplanning? Was he indicating not letting things go to the last minute, or risk having a big mess on our hands once "something happens"? Is it a case of looking the other way, and hoping something doesn't happen, under the "if it aint broke, don t fix it" theory? Regardless, it is a great quote that has left me pondering for years.

Thats my view..... WHAT SAY YOU?

No comments: