Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Quote #28, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #28....

"Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them."

-James Baldwin-

How true is this quote? Anyone who has children can vouch for this statement. Kids are amazing. Here's what we know...

They come out of the womb 1000% dependant. They come out pretty much happy, innocent creatures. They are extremely observant. Their little minds are like giant sponges. They aim to please. They long for attention and recognition. They want to be loved and cared for.

Pretty simple huh?? It seems so, yet, being a parent is probably the most challanging task ever thrown at us adults.To help things out and simplify.. be a good role model and you'll be amazed at how much they imitate you.

Ever heard of the saying "Do as I say, not as I do"? How about "actions speak louder than words"? Boy, are those kids watching our actions.

Thats my view.....WHAT SAY YOU?

No comments: