Sunday, December 14, 2008

Quote #19, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think.What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #19....

"He who never make a mistake, never made a discovery."

-Samuel Smiles-

This reminds me of the armchair quarterback, the Monday morning second guesser, the guy who is yelling from the stands, with all the answers. You have to get in the game and play, to understand whats going on. Things seem easier when observing rather than doing. Experience is the grand teacher of all.

I believe Smiles is saying that to learn, to discover, you have to attempt things, get involved. Anyone in life that has accomplished anything certainly made their share of mistakes.

To "fail" is not to fail. It's a learning experience. Mistakes and failure are usually lumped together. Im my opinion, it's a misplaced lumping. Mistakes and failures, when persisted upon, usually lead to great discoveries.

Thats my view.....WHAT SAY YOU?

No comments: