Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Quote #52, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #52....

"He who is waiting for something to turn up might start with his own shirt sleeves."

-unknown-

I read this and immediately heard my fathers old wisdom... "you want something done/ done right, do it yourself". If I heard that once growing up, I heard it 94 times. However, Dad's advice was pretty sound.

In life, I've worked on many things, but 2 apply here. Try to be self sufficient where possible and try to keep complaints to a minimum. Rather than sit around and whine about why this isn't working, or waiting for someone else to do something for me, I usually get up and do it myself. The energy used in complaining could be used much more productively DOING the work.

Another saying comes to mind.. 'opportunity is all around us, but is usually disguised as challanges and problems'.One man's CHALLENGE is another man's TREASURE( with some vision and hard work). It's the people who go after these "problems" and convert them, that reap the most rewards and improve their lives. Time to get those sleeves rolled up!

That's my view.....WHAT SAY YOU?

No comments: