Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Quote #39, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #39....

"I would rather be able to appreciate things that I cannot have , then to have things that I am not able to appreciate."

-Elbert Hubbard-

The great Elbert Hubbard makes a valid point here. What is the sense of having something if you can't appreciate it? There arent many worse things that I can think of than being spoiled rotten having many "things" yet being unappreciative, and, ultimately, unhappy.

Further if you have things and are unappreciative and unhappy.. what do you really have? Do you have anything?

I'd be willing to bet that there are far more unhappy wealthy people, than content, appreciative, unwealthy people. The wealthy, who can buy anything.. except their own contentment and joy is indeed a sad thing to witness. To be able to appreciate is priceless.

That's my view.....WHAT SAY YOU?

No comments: