Monday, January 19, 2009

Quote #43, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #43....

"To know what people really think, pay regard to what they do, rather than what they say."

-Rene Descartes-

We have all experienced the jabbers. The talkers. The people that go blah, blah blah. There is a song by the famous country singer Toby Keith that sums it up nicely... " A little less talk , and a lot more action".

Perhaps the most blatent place this advice pays off is with kids. It's amazing how much they follow your actions, rather than your words. Ever heard the line from your parents " Do as I say, not as I do"? One of many lessons I learned in the game of life is to lead by example, not by chatter.

That's my view.....WHAT SAY YOU?

No comments: