Monday, August 17, 2009

Quote #234, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #234...

"When a man has not a good reason for doing a thing, he has a good reason for letting it alone."
-Sir Walter Scott-

When I read this, the first thing that came to my mind was the word FORCE. Ever try to force something, although no good reasons for moving ahead are there? I have. Here's what I've found...The results, about 100% of the time, are not good when forcing things.

The very fact that you are trying to come up with a reason to do something(also called "justifying")should tell you to NOT do it. Reasons for going ahead should either be present and be sound, or the action should be passed on.

That's my view....... What Say You?

No comments: