Monday, August 3, 2009

Quote #223, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #223...

"I'm a 9 to 5 guy. I carry my lunch in a lunchpail, and it's a tin lunchpail, and when work is over, I go back home."
-Walter Payton, NFL great-

The thing that makes this quote so amazing is that Payton was one of the all time best running backs to ever play the professional game of football. Nicknamed "sweetness" for his grace, athletic ability and smoothness on the field, the man was something to watch. If you've never seen him or heard of him, try to find a video of him on google or perhaps a movie/ DVD. You'll be glad you did.

Payton teaches us a lesson here that is often forgotten amongst today's movie stars and athletes. A lesson in complete humility. To have this man's talent and to be that humble, is it inself, SWEET.

That's my view....... What Say You?

No comments: