Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Quote #230, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

I love Quotes. I love them because they make me think. What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Here goes blog quote #230...

"I've always felt the most important word in the English language is NO. You can always change no to yes, and that makes everybody feel good, but it's hard to change a yes to a no. I tell the kids, when in doubt about anything, say no."
-Bobby Knight-

Nobody likes an Indian giver(cliche for giving and taking back after). Personally it's one of my pet peeves of the world when people say yes to doing something, and then don't follow through.

This may be for several reasons and is a great conversation piece. Was the person to chicken to say no to their face? Did their word mean nothing when they said yes? Was there a true comittment when they agreed? Problems arise when people say yes, and bag out. Plans are made, food is ordered, things get counted on when people say they'll be there, or do something.

No is a tough word, but in the end, a firm no is much better than a whimpy yes, that turns into a no. To quote Jimmy Buffet, "Say what you mean, mean what you say.

That's my view....... What Say You?

No comments: