Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Refreshing Business Lunch

I had lunch with a business colleague and former high school classmate yesterday. She was one of those that I knew, but not in depth.

Over the past few years, I've had about 15-20 business dealings with her. Interestingly, the more I find out about her and her character, the more impressive she becomes.I like those rare finds.

A few things I've discovered is that she's a single mom with good core values installed into her kids. Always have to respect that. Hard, hard worker of 50-60 hours a week. Loyal employee with a very pleasant attitude. Professional as they come; one that doesnt speak ill or gossip of others(this trait in itself,hard to find).Finally, she is a woman of her word. The type that returns all calls, and emails, and if she tells you something, you can bank on it happening.

In sum, she's a stand up gal. I found both the lunch, and her to be very REFRESHING.

What about you? Do you come across many stand up people in your business world/regular world, or is it a RARE find?

What say YOU?

No comments: