Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Great Quote, my thoughts, and YOUR thoughts?

I love Quotes.
I love them because they make me think.
What does the quoter mean? Why did he/she write this? Is there a message to get through to the reader/ the world? What did YOU initially think when you read it?

Thats the basis of this blog. Here goes......

"Prosperity depends more on wanting what you have than having what you want."
- Geoffery Abert-


I believe the message here is you are very prosperous and fortunate if you can enjoy and appreciate what you have, regardless of how much or little the quantity. There are many who have a ton, yet remain unsatisfied, desireous of more, and miserable. They don't GET IT. On the flip side there are people who have little, yet are always bright, cheery, and showing gratitude for what HAS come their way.

As Abert's message says..... its the ones that embrace what they have that are content. Perhaps he is gently reminding us all of that little fact and giving us a small yet invaluable secret towards a more enjoyable life.

Thats my view..... WHAT SAY YOU?

No comments: