Friday, February 19, 2010

Quote #317, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

Here goes Blog quote #317...

"You learn something every day, if you live long enough."
-UCLA coach Ducky Drake-

I thoroughly enjoy reading stories of seniors who are accomplishing more today than some of the youth of the world. They have that thirst to always be learning, always be doing more, always trying to grow and improve themselves. It's been said that kids don't think us adults know much, but as they get older we suddenly seem smarter and more 'on the ball.'

Consider the great Michelangelo, at 13, applied for apprenticeship in art.When asked if he could draw, he replied, 'I have the capacity to learn.' At 84, nearing his death, someone asked him his philosophy on life. He replied "Ancora imparo." In the event your Italian is as elusive as mine, I'll translate for you. In English, "And I still learn."

Part of the fun of life is that we can always learn something. From anybody. And everybody. Even if its what not to do.

Thats my view...what say you?

No comments: