Thursday, January 28, 2010

Quote #308, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

Here goes blog quote #308...

"You may never know what results come of your action,but if you do nothing there will be no result."
-Mahatma Gandhi-

The second half of Gandhi's statement is so powerful because it is virtually unsdisputable. If you don't do a thing, we know there will be no result.

Now on the contrary, how many times in life have you done something, and weeks and months later you think to yourself, why did I do that. It was useless. What a waste of time. It didn't help anyone. It didn't affect anyone. Then about a year later you get a call out of the blue asking you if you remember doing so and so, and how that act turned a persons life around. Happens all the time.

In my business I send out a daily email to improve peoples lives, even if in a tiny way. I don't always get immediate feedback, but more often than not, I hear 'down the road' how helpful I have been. Message: Do something. When in doubt, it's better to act than to do nothing.

That's my view...what say you?

No comments: