Monday, May 5, 2014

Blog Quote #651...

Here's Blog Quote #651...
"High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation."
-Charles  Kettering, American Inventor-

Just this AM, I had my thoughts ready to type, and on a final re-reading of this--I saw a different spin, a new angle, if you will.

I originally saw this as when we give people high expectations, they almost always perform better, that if we give low expectations or none at all. Can we all agree on that?

But then--what about the expectations of the achiever themselves?  There are instances where people, are just gifted,or have mad skills at something and it seems to come EASIER  that to others. I 'll clarify here that most superstars or high achievers, while it looks like it came easy to them--it didn't. However, relative to others, some things do flow easier for some, in certain areas.

Back to Kettering's statement --As with other's expectations for us, when we raise our own bars of what we want to accomplish--it doesn't ALWAYS take place, but more frequent than not, a higher expectation of self will generally produce a higher outcome.

Hmm..
That's my view...what say you?

No comments: