Friday, May 7, 2010

Quote #374, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

Here goes Blog quote #374...

"If you feel the need to complain about something, make sure you are prepared to present a well thought out solution."
-Todd Smith-

I love this for many reasons. First, what's the point of bitching or complaining for no reason. Who wants to hear it? It's negative. It's a mood crusher.

Second, read Smith's comment carefully. If you do want to complain, then give a solution as well. Like my father used to say in business... don't just dump problems on my desk. If you must bring them in, and/or you need assistance, that is fine, but have a few ideas that may help out the problem as well.

Part two, upon further dissection of Smith's quote, it says a WELL THOUGHT OUT solution. The worst is complaining, then offering a half baked suggestion that has no chance or is a fantasy land answer. Give it some good thoughtful effort, and try to offer options that may truly help the issue at hand.

My hat is off to Mr. Todd Smith. Excellent quote here!

That's my view...what say you?

No comments: