Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Quote #339, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

Here goes Blog #339...

"I never give them hell. I just tell the truth, and they think it's hell."
-Harry S. Truman-

Ok... what movie did you think of when you read this? Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men came immmediately to my mind. 'You want the truth...you can't handle the truth.'

Some people don't want to hear the reality, the facts. Some just would like to hide under the covers, or ignore the bad news and unpleasant stuff. Maybe it will just 'go away.' I personally like to know where I stand. Confront whatever the facts are, and take them head on.

My mother used to have a great saying, which I still adhere to today. Clare Loeber Smith used to say "You can tell anybody almost anything, if done in a pleasant and respectful way." Try her approach. It's about as solid advice as you'll find out there. And then the other person KNOWS WHERE THEY STAND, and hopefully can figure out how best to proceed from there. If you don't really know where you stand, how can you go forward properly?

That's my view...what say you?

No comments: